WordPress 4.8 has been released.
- Widget Updates: Image, Video, Audio, Rich Text
- Link Boundaries
- Nearby WordPress Events
- More Accessible Admin Panel Headings
- Removal of Core Support for WMV and WMA Files
- Multisite Updates
- Media Widgets API
- Customizer Width Variable
Download: WordPress 4.8
WordPress 4.7 has been released.
- Twenty Seventeen – A brand new default theme brings your site to life with immersive featured images and video headers.
- New Features to Customizer – Theme Starter Content, Edit Shortcuts, Video Headers, Smoother Menu Building, Custom CSS
- PDF Thumbnail Previews – Managing your document collection is easier with WordPress 4.7. Uploading PDFs will generate thumbnail images so you can more easily distinguish between all your documents.
- Dashboard in your language – Just because your site is in one language doesn’t mean that everybody helping manage it prefers that language for their admin. Add more languages to your site and a user language option will show up in your user’s profiles.
- REST API Content Endpoints – WordPress 4.7 comes with REST API endpoints for posts, comments, terms, users, meta, and settings.
- Post Type Templates
- More Theme API Goodies
- Custom Bulk Actions
- Settings Registration API
- Customize Changesets
Download: WordPress 4.7
WordPress 4.6 has been released.
- Streamlined Updates – Don’t lose your place: stay on the same page while you update, install, and delete your plugins and themes.
- Native Fonts – The WordPress dashboard now takes advantage of the fonts you already have, making it load faster and letting you feel more at home on whatever device you use.
- Inline Link Checker – Ever accidentally made a link to https://wordpress.org/example.org? Now WordPress automatically checks to make sure you didn’t.
- Content Recovery – As you type, WordPress saves your content to the browser. Recovering saved content is even easier with WordPress 4.6.
- Resource Hints- Resource hints help browsers decide which resources to fetch and preprocess. WordPress 4.6 adds them automatically for your styles and scripts making your site even faster
- Robust Requests – The HTTP API now leverages the Requests library, improving HTTP standard support and adding case-insensitive headers, parallel HTTP requests, and support for Internationalized Domain Names.
- WP_Term_Query and WP_Post_Type – A new WP_Term_Query class adds flexibility to query term information while a new WP_Post_Type object makes interacting with post types more predictable.
- Meta Registration API – The Meta Registration API has been expanded to support types, descriptions, and REST API visibility.
- Translations On Demand – WordPress will install and use the newest language packs for your plugins and themes as soon as they’re available from WordPress.org’s community of translators.
- Customizer APIs for Setting Validation and Notifications – Settings now have an API for enforcing validation constraints. Likewise, customizer controls now support notifications, which are used to display validation errors instead of failing silently.
- Multisite, now faster than ever – Cached and comprehensive site queries improve your network admin experience. The addition of WP_Site_Query and WP_Network_Query help craft advanced queries with less effort.
Download: WordPress 4.6
WordPress 4.5 has been released.
- Inline Linking
- Formatting Shortcuts
- Live Responsive Previews
- Custom Logos
- Smart Image Resizing: 50% faster
- Selective Refresh in customizer
- New wp_add_inline_script()
- Better Embed Templates
Download: WordPress 4.5
WordPress 4.4 has been released.
- New default theme: Twenty Sixteen
- Responsive Images
- Embed Everything
- REST API infrastructure
- Term meta
- Comment query improvements
- Term, comment, and network objects
Download: WordPress 4.4