I would like to introduce you to a new WordPress plugin that I wrote (or rewrote), it is called WP-DraftsForFriends. The last time I wrote a plugin was almost 3 years ago which was the WP-ShowHide!
The plugin is on GitHub as well, github.com/lesterchan/wp-draftsforfriends.
This plugin will generate a unique link that you can send to your friends to allow them to preview your draft before they are published. You are able to set the expiry for the link as well. It is based off Drafts for Friends originally written by Neville Longbottom.
WordPress 3.8.1 has been released. This is a maintenance releases that fixes 31 bugs found in WordPress 3.8.
Various fixes and improvements for the new dashboard design and new themes admin screen. An issue with taxonomy queries in WP_Query was resolved. And if you’ve been frustrated by submit buttons that won’t do anything when you click on them (or thought you were going crazy, like some of us), we’ve found and fixed this “dead zone” on submit buttons.
It also contains a fix for embedding tweets (by placing the URL to the tweet on its own line), which was broken due to a recent Twitter API change.
Issues Fixed: WordPress 3.8.1
Download: WordPress 3.8.1
After 1 beta and 2 RCs, WordPress 3.8 has been released!
- Admin UI Improvements – New Design, Responsive, Color Schemes
- Refined theme management
- New Twenty Fourteen theme, a sleek new magazine theme
Download: WordPress 3.8
Wow that was quick, WordPress 3.8 Beta 1 has been released and the final release is targeted for Thursday, 12th December 2013!
I am looking forward to the new admin UI!
- The new admin design, especially the responsive aspect of it. Try it out on different devices and browsers, see how it goes, especially the more complex pages like widgets or seldom-looked-at-places like Press This. Color schemes, which you can change on your profile, have also been spruced up.
- The dashboard homepage has been refreshed, poke and prod it.
- Choosing themes under Appearance is completely different, try to break it however possible.
- There’s a new default theme, Twenty Fourteen.
- Over 250 issues closed already.
Download: WordPress 3.8 Beta 1
WordPress 3.7.1 has been released and it is a maintenance release. Are you using the new background autoupdate feature yet?
This .1 release fixes 12 bugs including:
- Images with captions no longer appear broken in the visual editor.
- Allow some sites running on old or poorly configured servers to continue to check for updates from WordPress.org.
- Avoid fatal errors with certain plugins that were incorrectly calling some WordPress functions too early.
- Fix hierarchical sorting in get_pages(), exclusions in wp_list_categories(), and in_category() when called with empty values.
- Fix a warning that may occur in certain setups while performing a search, and a few other notices.
For me, my WordPress installation is a git checkout, so the background autoupdate is not applicable for me. I normally just do:
git fetch –tags; git checkout 3.7.1