WordPress 4.5 has been released.
- Inline Linking
- Formatting Shortcuts
- Live Responsive Previews
- Custom Logos
- Smart Image Resizing: 50% faster
- Selective Refresh in customizer
- New wp_add_inline_script()
- Better Embed Templates
Download: WordPress 4.5
WordPress 4.4 has been released.
- New default theme: Twenty Sixteen
- Responsive Images
- Embed Everything
- REST API infrastructure
- Term meta
- Comment query improvements
- Term, comment, and network objects
Download: WordPress 4.4
WordPress 4.3 has been released!
- Menus in the Customizer
- Formatting Shortcuts
- Site Icons
- Better Passwords
- A smoother admin experience
- Comments turned off on pages
- Customize your site quickly
Download: WordPress 4.3
WordPress 4.2 has been released!
- New and improved Press This
- New characters out-of-the-box, including emoji, native Chinese, Japanese, and Korean characters, musical and mathematical symbols, and hieroglyphs.
- Switch themes in the Customizer
- More embeds (Tumblr.com and Kickstarter)
- Streamlined plugin updates
- utf8mb4 support
- Shared term splitting
- Complex query ordering for WP_Query, WP_Comment_Query, and WP_User_Query
Download: WordPress 4.2
WordPress 4.1 has been released.
- New default theme: Twenty Fifteen
- Distraction-free writing mode
- Choose a language – Right now, WordPress 4.1 is already translated into over forty languages, with more always in progress. You can switch to any translation on the General Settings screen
- Log out everywhere – If you’ve ever worried you forgot to sign out from a shared computer, you can now go to your profile and log out everywhere
- Vine embeds – Embedding videos from Vine is as simple as pasting a URL onto its own line in a post. See the full list of supported embeds
- Plugin recommendations – The plugin installer suggests plugins for you to try. Recommendations are based on the plugins you and other users have installed
- Complex Queries – Metadata, date, and term queries now support advanced conditional logic, like nested clauses and multiple operators — A AND ( B OR C )
- Customizer API – The customizer now supports conditionally showing panels and sections based on the page being previewed
- <title> tags in themes –
add_theme_support( 'title-tag' ) tells WordPress to handle the complexities of document titles
For more detailed information, checkout the changelog!
Download: WordPress 4.1