WordPress 3.5 Beta 3 has been released!
More than 300 bug fixes since beta 2, Add Media dialog is complete, updated jQuery UI 1.9.1, SimplePie 1.3.1, and TinyMCE 3.5.7.
RC1 should be out next week followed by the final version of WordPress 3.5 which is targeted on 5th December 2012.
Download: WordPress 3.5 Beta 3
WordPress 3.5 Beta 2 has been released!
Changes since Beta 1
- New workflow for working with image galleries, including drag-and-drop reordering and quick caption editing.
- New user interface for setting static front pages for the Reading Settings screen. (#16379)
- New image editing API. (#6821)
Download: WordPress 3.5 Beta 2
WordPress 3.5 Beta 1 has been released! The final version of WordPress 3.5 is expected to ship on 5th December 2012.
WordPress 3.5 will ship with a new default theme, named Twenty Twelve. But if you do not want to wait till December 2012, you can grab it now at the WordPress Theme directory. It will work with WordPress 3.4.x as well
What’s New (General)
- Appearance: A simplified welcome screen. A new color picker. And the all-HiDPI (retina) dashboard.
- Accessibility: Keyboard navigation and screen reader support have both been improved.
- Plugins: You can browse and install plugins you’ve marked as favorites on WordPress.org, directly from your dashboard.
- Mobile: It’ll be easier to link up your WordPress install with our mobile apps, as XML-RPC is now enabled by default.
- Links: We’ve hidden the Link Manager for new installs. (Don’t worry, there’s a plugin for that.)
What’s New (For Developers)
- External libraries updated: TinyMCE 3.5.6. SimplePie 1.3. jQuery 1.8.2. jQuery UI 1.9 (and it’s not even released yet). We’ve also added Backbone 0.9.2 and Underscore 1.3.3, and you can use protocol-relative links when enqueueing scripts and styles. (#16560)
- WP Query: You can now ask to receive posts in the order specified by
- XML-RPC: New user management, profile editing, and post revision methods. We’ve also removed AtomPub. (#18428, #21397, #21866)
- Multisite: switch_to_blog() is now used in more places, is faster, and more reliable. Also: You can now use multisite in a subdirectory, and uploaded files no longer go through ms-files (for new installs). (#21434, #19796, #19235)
- TinyMCE: We’ve added API support for ‘views’; which you can use to offer previews and interaction of elements from the visual editor. (#21812)
- Posts API: Major performance improvements when working with hierarchies of pages and post ancestors. Also, you can now ‘turn on’; native custom columns for taxonomies on edit post screens. (#11399, #21309, #21240)
- Comments API: Search for comments of a particular status, or with a meta query (same as with WP_Query). (#21101, #21003)
- oEmbed: We’ve added support for a few oEmbed providers, and we now handle SSL links. (#15734, #21635, #16996, #20102)
Download: WordPress 3.5 Beta 1
WordPress 3.3.2 & 3.4 Beta 3 has been released
- Plupload (version 1.5.4), which WordPress uses for uploading media.
- SWFUpload, which WordPress previously used for uploading media, and may still be in use by plugins.
vSWFObject, which WordPress previously used to embed Flash content, and may still be in use by plugins and themes.
- Limited privilege escalation where a site administrator could deactivate network-wide plugins when running a WordPress network under particular circumstances, disclosed by Jon Cave of our WordPress core security team, and Adam Backstrom.
- Cross-site scripting vulnerability when making URLs clickable, by Jon Cave.
- Cross-site scripting vulnerabilities in redirects after posting comments in older browsers, and when filtering URLs. Thanks to Mauro Gentile for responsibly disclosing these issues to the security team.
Changelog: From WordPress 3.3.1
Download: WordPress 3.3.2
WordPress 3.4 Beta 3
- 90 bugs have been fixed since beta 2
Changelog: From WordPress 3.4 Beta 2
Download: >WordPress 3.4 Beta 3
WordPress 3.4 Beta 1 has been released! The final version is expected to ship sometime next month (May 2012).
- Theme Customizer with Previewer
- Flexible Custom Header Sizes
- Selecting Custom Header and Background Images from Media Library
- Better experience searching for and choosing a theme
- New XML-RPC API for external and mobile applications
- New API for registering theme support for custom headers and backgrounds
- Performance improvements to WP_Query by splitting the query (Please test!)
- Internationalization improvements (improved performance and locale support)
- Performance and API improvements when working with lists of installed themes
- Support for installing child themes from the WordPress Themes Directory
Download: WordPress 3.4 Beta 1