So SingTel launches Easy Mobile, the first postpaid mobile service in Asia to allow users to customise their tariff plans every month to suit their lifestyle needs and budget.
This is something that I always wanted because I don’t use so much voice or SMS and I am willing to trade that for more data!
How It Works
Signing up is easy and can be completed within minutes via the Easy Mobile website. With a few clicks, users can customise their plan, choose a handset, mobile number and optional service features, as well as arrange for free home delivery.
In addition, there is a range of self-help tools which enables customers to monitor their real time usage and compare it against their chosen allocations. Customers can also retrieve their monthly bill at any time and receive online support if they encounter difficulties with their mobile device or service.
There are four tariff plans to choose from: Small, Medium, Large and XLarge. Each plan comes with a set allowance of units that can be used for voice calls, SMS and data. You can decide how many units will be allocated for your voice, SMS and data bundle, and you can tweak this every month to cater to your needs. In addition, you will have the flexibility to change to another tariff plan each month, if required.
One unit is equivalent to either:
- 50 minutes of outgoing local calls OR
- 500 SMS/MMS OR
- 0.5GB of local data usage
|Easy Mobile tariff plan
|Total number of voice, SMS and data units combined
- Easy Mobile is available with a wide range of popular smartphone models
- All plans include free incoming calls and Caller Alert feature
- A customer chooses the Medium tariff plan which comes with 10 units of usage. He allocates 2 units to voice (100 minutes), 2 units to SMS (1000 messages) and 6 units to data (3GB).
- In the following month, he decides that he needs more data but less voice and SMS, so he increases his data bundle to 8 units (4GB) and reduces his voice bundle to 1 unit (50 minutes) and SMS bundle to 1 unit (500 messages).
- Two months later, to cater to anticipated heavy usage, he upgrades his tariff plan to Large, which offers a total of 16 units. He then allocates 4 units to voice (200 minutes), 2 units to SMS (1000 messages) and 10 units to data (5GB).
Note that at launch, Easy Mobile is available for new line subscriptions only. Existing SingTel mobile customers will be able to renew their contracts with Easy Mobile plans in the coming months.
Currently I am on Lite plan with 100mins/800 SMS/2GB for S$39.90 a month and on top of that, I am paying S$5 for Caller-ID and S$16 for extra 2GB data which total to S$61 per month.
With the Easy Mobile “M” Plan, it will cost me just S$45 + S$5 (Caller-ID) = S$50! I don’t need so much talktime and SMS anyway!
- 50mins Talktime (1 unit)
- 500 SMS/MMS (1 unit)
- 4GB Data (8 units)
For my current phone plan, Lite, to get the iPhone 5s (64GB) it will cost S$818 and with Easy Mobile “M” Plan, the phone cost the same as well.
Easy Mobile – Mine