WordPress 4.5 has been released.
- Inline Linking
- Formatting Shortcuts
- Live Responsive Previews
- Custom Logos
- Smart Image Resizing: 50% faster
- Selective Refresh in customizer
- New wp_add_inline_script()
- Better Embed Templates
Download: WordPress 4.5
WordPress 3.9.1 is released after WordPress 3.9 is being downloaded more than 9 million times!
This maintenance release fixes 34 bugs in 3.9, including numerous fixes for multisite networks, customizing widgets while previewing themes, and the updated visual editor. We’ve also made some improvements to the new audio/video playlists feature and made some adjustments to improve performance. For a full list of changes, consult the list of tickets and the changelog.
Also WordPress 4.0 is targeted on the week of 25th August 2014. It may sound like a big jump in version number, but the release size will be roughly about the same as 3.7 -> 3.8, 3.8 -> 3.9, etc, on the same 4-month cycle!
Download: WordPress 3.9.1
WordPress 3.0 RC3 has been released. This should be the final RC if there are no major bugs left.
In case you are wondering, there is WordPress 3.0 RC2 but it is only for internal use.
Download: WordPress 3.0 RC3
WordPress 2.6 has been released.
Here are some new features of WordPress 2.6:
- Post Revisions: Wiki-like tracking of edits
- Press This!: Post from wherever you are on the web
- Shift Gears: Turbo-speed your blogging
- Theme Previews: See it before your audience does
- Word count
- Image captions under your image
- Bulk management of plugins
- A completely revamped image control to allow for easier inserting, floating, and resizing. It’s now fully integrated with the WYSIWYG
- Drag-and-drop reordering of Galleries
- Plugin update notification bubble
- Customizable default avatars
- You can now upload media when in full-screen mode
- Remote publishing via XML-RPC and APP is now secure (off) by default
- Full SSL support in the core, and the ability to force SSL for security
- You can now have many thousands of pages or categories with no interface issues
- Ability to move your wp-config file and wp-content directories to a custom location, for “clean” SVN checkouts
- Select a range of checkboxes with “shift-click.”
- You can toggle between the Flash uploader and the classic one
- A number of proactive security enhancements, including cookies and database interactions
- Stronger better faster versions of TinyMCE, jQuery, and jQuery UI
2.6 is pretty much identical to 2.5 from a plugin and theme compatibility point of view, so upgrades from 2.5 should be pretty painless. The 2.5 branch will no longer be maintain so everyone is encouraged to upgrade.
» Download WordPress 2.6
PS: The current version of my plugins should work well with WordPress 2.6 except WP-DownloadManager. Nevertheless, I will release updates to all of them tomorrow.