Things You May Not Know (1-30)
1. Look at your zipper. See the initials YKK? It stands for Yoshida Kogyo Kabushibibaisha, the worlds largest zipper manufacturer.
2. 40 percent of McDonalds profits come from the sales of Happy Meals.
3. 315 entries in Websters 1996 Dictionary were misspelled.
4. On the average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily.
5. Chocolate kills dogs! True, chocolate affects a dogs heart and nervous system. A few ounces is enough to kill a small sized dog.
6. Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as a medicine.
7. Leonardo da Vinci could write with one hand and draw with the other at the same time.
8. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II were made of wood.
9. There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos.
10. Leonardo da Vinci invented scissors. Also, it took him 10 years to paint Mona Lisas lips.
11. Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to slow a film down so you could see his moves. Thats the opposite of the norm.
12. The original name for the butterfly was ÅflutterbyÂ!
13. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you cant sink in quicksand.
14. Mosquito repellents dont repel. They hide you. The spray blocks the mosquitos sensors so they dont know youre there.
15. Dentists recommend that a toothbrush be kept at least six feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush.
16. The first product to have a bar code was Wrigleys gum.
17. Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike annually than the entire Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.
18. Marilyn Monroe had six toes on one foot.
19. Adolf Hitlers mother seriously considered having an abortion but was talked out of it by her doctor.
20. The three most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro, Coca-Cola, and Budweiser, in that order.
21. To escape the grip of a crocodiles jaws, prick your fingers into its eyeballs. It will let you go instantly.
22. The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
23. The ÅpoundÂ (#) key on your keyboard is called an octothorp.
24. The only domestic animal not mentioned in the Bible is the cat.
25. Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
26. The average persons left hand does 56% of the typing.
27. DreamtÂ is the only word in the English language that ends in ÅmtÂ.
28. Its impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
29. In Chinese, the KFC slogan Åfinger lickin goodÂ comes out as Åeat your fingers offÂ.
30. A c0ckroach can live for 10 days without a head.
Things You May Not Know (31-60)
31. We shed 40 pounds of skin a lifetime.
32. Yo-Yos were once used as weapons in the Philippines.
33. Mexico City sinks abut 10 inches a year.
34. Brains are more active sleeping than watching TV.
35. Blue is the favorite color of 80 percent of Americans.
36. When a person shakes their head from side to side, he is saying ÅyesÂ in Sri Lanka.
37. There are more chickens than people in the world.
38. The thumbnail grows the slowest, and the middle nail grows the fastest.
39. There are more telephones than people in Washington, D.C.
40. The average four year-old child asks over four hundred questions a day.
41. The average person presses the snooze button on their alarm clock three Times each morning.
42. The three wealthiest families in the world have more assets than the Combined wealth of the forty-eight poorest nations.
43. The first owner of the Marlboro cigarette Company died of lung cancer.
44. Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
45. The worlds youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910.
46. Our eyes remain the same size from birth onward, but our noses and ears Never stop growing.
47. You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching TV.
48. A person will die from total lack of sleep sooner than from starvation. Death will occur about 10 days without sleep, while starvation takes a Few weeks.
49. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
50. The Mona Lisa has no eyebrows.
51. When the moon is directly overhead, you weigh slightly less.
52. Alexander Graham Bell, the inventor of the telephone, never telephoned His wife or mother because they were both deaf.
53. A psychology student in New York rented out her spare room to a Carpenter in order to nag him constantly and study his reactions. After Weeks of needling, he snapped and beat her repeatedly with an axe Leaving her mentally retarded
54. ÅI am.Â is the shortest complete sentence in the English language
55. Colgate faced a big obstacle marketing toothpaste in Spanish speaking Countries because Colgate translates into the command Ågo hang Yourself.Â
56. Like fingerprints, everyones tongue print is different.
57. ÅBookkeeperÂ is the only word in English language with three consecutive Double letters.
58. Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left handed People do.
59. The sentence Åthe quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dogÂ uses every Letter in the English language.
60. If the population of China walked past you in single line, the line Would never end because of the rate of reproduction.