WordPress 3.4 RC1 has been released to marked the 9th Birthday of WordPress!
I am expecting the final one to ship within the next 1-2 weeks!
Download: WordPress 3.4 RC1
I have updated the following plugins:
Now all AJAX requests are handled by /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php. Previously it is handled via the plugin PHP file itself by assuming that wp-load.php is always 2 levels down from the plugin file. But since you can have your WordPress in any folders, custom loading of wp-load.php is not possible as the path to wp-load.php varies from server to server.
While I am at it, I added nonce check for AJAX calls to WP-Polls, WP-PostRatings and WP-Email. Let me know if you run into problems via WordPress Support Forums, My Forums (if you are already registered) or via email (lesterchan AT gmail).
PS: Kindly refer to https://lesterchan.net/wordpress/2012/06/05/ajax-not-working-for-wp-email-wp-polls-wp-postratings-or-wp-postviews/ if you ran into problems.
WordPress 3.3.2 & 3.4 Beta 3 has been released
- Plupload (version 1.5.4), which WordPress uses for uploading media.
- SWFUpload, which WordPress previously used for uploading media, and may still be in use by plugins.
vSWFObject, which WordPress previously used to embed Flash content, and may still be in use by plugins and themes.
- Limited privilege escalation where a site administrator could deactivate network-wide plugins when running a WordPress network under particular circumstances, disclosed by Jon Cave of our WordPress core security team, and Adam Backstrom.
- Cross-site scripting vulnerability when making URLs clickable, by Jon Cave.
- Cross-site scripting vulnerabilities in redirects after posting comments in older browsers, and when filtering URLs. Thanks to Mauro Gentile for responsibly disclosing these issues to the security team.
Changelog: From WordPress 3.3.1
Download: WordPress 3.3.2
WordPress 3.4 Beta 3
- 90 bugs have been fixed since beta 2
Changelog: From WordPress 3.4 Beta 2
Download: >WordPress 3.4 Beta 3
WordPress 3.4 Beta 1 has been released! The final version is expected to ship sometime next month (May 2012).
- Theme Customizer with Previewer
- Flexible Custom Header Sizes
- Selecting Custom Header and Background Images from Media Library
- Better experience searching for and choosing a theme
- New XML-RPC API for external and mobile applications
- New API for registering theme support for custom headers and backgrounds
- Performance improvements to WP_Query by splitting the query (Please test!)
- Internationalization improvements (improved performance and locale support)
- Performance and API improvements when working with lists of installed themes
- Support for installing child themes from the WordPress Themes Directory
Download: WordPress 3.4 Beta 1
WordPress 3.3.1 has been release 4 days ago and it fixes 15 bugs and a fix for a cross-site scripting vulnerability that affected version 3.3.
Changelog: WordPress 3.3.1
Download: WordPress 3.3.1
Download: Modified files since WordPress 3.3