Didn’t do much to my smart home this year. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”
Added three new voice assistant devices to my home:
- Amazon Echo Spot – Bedside alarm
- Amazon Echo Show – Digital photo frame in the living room
- Google Home Hub – Digital photo frame in the exercise room
My usual iPhone upgrade. Changed to iPhone XS Max (Gold 256GB). Did not get the 512GB because it is way too expensive.
Instead, I saved on the difference and use it to buy the newer and bigger iPad, the iPad Pro 12.9″ (3rd Generation) (Space Grey 256GB) (Wi-Fi + Cellular).
I wanted to see if it can be a laptop replacement when I am traveling. It is also my entertainment device when I am at home, and allow me to do blogging when I am in a cafe during weekends.
9th February 2018 was the launched of Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) in Singapore. Singtel is the only telco that supports it.
I did not travel to the US or visit Apple Park in 2018, but I have the Apple Park T-shirts thanks to my friends.
Looking forward to bridging Apple Homekit with Homey so I can use my iOS devices to control my home. I might even get the Apple Homepod.
I am using HomeyKit app on Homey to support HomeKit. Sadly Apple Homepod is still not available in Singapore.
I am going to get the Apple AirPower Mat when it comes out next year.
It looks like AirPower Mat is canned.
I doubt I will be getting any desktop computer from Apple in 2018 as my Apple iMac 27″ (Late 2012) still works fine.
True to that, I did not get any desktop computer despite a Mac Mini refresh.
Hopefully, at the end of 2018, I can travel to San Francisco (SF), so I can visit the newly open Apple Park. The last time I was in SF was back in 2012.
Sadly, that did not happen, hopefully, in 2019 it will.
My traveling plans for the first half of 2019 is fixed. I will be traveling to Fukuoka, Japan in end-February 2019. Melbourne, Australia in early-May 2019. Penang, Malaysia in mid-May 2019, and Bangkok, Thailand in early-August 2019.
Looking forward to the successor of the iPhone XS Max since most likely it will have a new design, though not radical.
Apple Homepod will be two years old in 2019, hopefully, the second generation is around the corner, and it will be available in Singapore.
In 2019, I am looking forward to the trend of hole-punch screens instead of notch screens.
I would like to wish all my readers, visitors, and supporters a Happy New Year 2019!
Looking Back 2018
105 posts were posted in 2018, accumulating 131 comments and 616,327 views.
- 29 - Xiaomi Mi Selfie Stick Tripod
- 27 - Cambridge Audio Yoyo (S)
- 23 - Apple iPad Pro 12.9″ (3rd Generation) Smart Folio (Charcoal Grey)
- 21 - Apple iPad Pro 12.9″ (3rd Generation) (Space Grey 256GB) (Wi-Fi + Cellular)
- 16 - Apple Pencil (2nd Generation)
- 14 - Nomad USB-C Cable (1m/100W)
- 12 - Lock Pick Set With Transparent Practice Padlock
- 09 - Klipsch R5 Wireless Earphones
- 07 - Choetech USB-C Dual 5W Wireless Charging Pad
- 05 - Razer Fidget Spinner
- 01 - OtterBox Symmetry for iPhone XS Max Giveaway
- 29 - Apple Watch Magnetic Charger to USB-C Cable
- 25 - Funxim X8 – Qi Wireless Charging Pad for iPhone and Apple Watch
- 23 - Synology NAS Swag
- 20 - Singtel iPhone XR Price Plans
- 19 - Passport Pro – The Ultimate Global Travel Adapter
- 17 - Huawei Mate 20/20 Pro Available in Singapore From 27th October 2018
- 15 - Photoshop (Ps) and Illustrator (Ai) Keychain
- 10 - Singtel Pixel 3/3 XL Price Plans
- 03 - Tile Mate
- 01 - Belkin Boost Up Bold 10W Wireless Charging Pad
- 28 - Apple iPhone XS Max Silicone Case
- 26 - Belkin Universal Cable with Micro-USB, USB-C and Lightning Connectors
- 24 - OtterBox Cases For iPhone XS/XS Max
- 21 - Zendure 63W USB-C PD Charger
- 19 - CalDigit Thunderbolt 3 mini Dock (DisplayPort)
- 15 - Singtel iPhone XS/XS Max Price Plans
- 12 - Belkin Pocket Power 10K Power Bank
- 10 - Belkin 3.5mm Audio Cable with Lightning Connector
- 05 - Lulu Look’s OULUOQI Replica Link Bracelet For Apple Watch
- 29 - Linksys Velop (Dual-Band) Review
- 23 - Parallels Desktop 14 for Mac
- 20 - VAIO Returns To Singapore With VAIO S Series Laptops
- 16 - The Battery Organizer Storage Case
- 11 - Singtel Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Price Plans
- 08 - Linksys EA8100 Max-Stream AC2600 MU-MIMO Gigabit Router Review
- 01 - Microsoft Surface Go Available in Singapore From 28th August 2018
- 28 - Xiaomi’s Second Store in Singapore
- 23 - Innergie 60C USB-C Power Adapter
- 19 - Google Home & Google Home Mini Now Available in Singapore
- 18 - Aztech WIPC309HD Full HD Wireless IP Camera
- 16 - Airtame Review
- 13 - Soul ST-XS Wireless Earphones Review
- 11 - Apple Park T-Shirts
- 09 - Amazon Echo Show
- 06 - Nest Cam IQ Indoor
- 04 - Cable Matters USB-C to SATA 2.5″ Cable
- 02 - igloohome Smart Mortise Lock Review
- 26 - Happy 34th Birthday To Me
- 21 - Belkin SurgeCube 1 Outlet Surge Protector with USB Charging
- 19 - Logitech K375s Multi-Device Wireless Keyboard & Stand Combo
- 16 - Logitech MX Master 2S Wireless Mouse
- 14 - Evri 80W USB-C Charging Station
- 12 - Flip World Add-On
- 09 - Flip Duo World
- 08 - Synology Loyalty Rebate Program in Singapore
- 07 - Microsoft Surface Store Singapore
- 05 - Amazon Echo Spot
- 01 - Singtel Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ Price Plans
- 23 - Crossrope Jump Ropes – Starter Kit
- 21 - Apple TV Remote Loop
- 19 - Xiaomi Mi 10,000mAh Power Bank Pro
- 14 - Xiaomi Mi Cable Storage Box
- 12 - Xiaomi ZMI QB810 10,000mAh Power Bank
- 09 - Torras C1 Wireless Charger
- 07 - Jackyled 45-in-1 Precision Screwdriver Toolkit
- 05 - Activating Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular) in Singapore on Singtel
- 02 - Bragi The Dash Pro Review
- 31 - eero Beacon
- 29 - KEF & Porsche Design Space One Active Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones
- 26 - Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) Will Be Launching in Singapore On 9th February
- 24 - Satechi USB-C Multimeter
- 23 - Huawei Mate 10 Pro in Pink Gold
- 22 - Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart Electric Toothbrush (HX9924/46) Review
- 19 - Mophie Wireless Charging Base
- 17 - Liberty+ Wireless Earphones
- 15 - Apple Watch 42mm Black Sport Loop
- 12 - Apple Watch 42mm Space Black Stainless Steel Case with Space Black Milanese Loop (Series 3)
- 10 - Adidas Issey Miyake 3D Roll Top Backpack
- 08 - Nomad Universal Cable (0.3m)
- 03 - Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 v2 (Blue Tint)