Sony Xperia Z will be on sale in Singapore from 1st March 2013 for SGD$988 (without contract). Three colors will be available, black, white and purple.
Sony Xperia Z is known as the water-resistant phone, you can submerge it in water up to 1 metre deep for 30 minutes. Of course I tested this!
Sony Xperia Z
Sony Xperia Z In Water
Sony Xperia Z – Box Front
Sony Xperia Z – Box Back
Sony Xperia Z – Box Contents
The moment you held onto the Xperia Z, you will feel that it is a solid phone, the build quality is fantastic, there is no squeaking sound when you press on the phone. Since the Xperia Z is blocky, the edges are all very straight, griping on to the phone for a long time may cause slight discomfort for some people.
After using it for many days, I notice that the phone gets hot easily.
- OS: Google Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Processor: 1.5 GHz (Quad Core) Qualcomm APQ8064+MDM9215M (Snapdragon S4)
- RAM: 2GB
- Flash memory: Up to 16 GB
- Expansion slot: microSD card, up to 32 GB
- Display: 5″ TFT, 16 million colours, 1920 x 1080 pixels, Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- Screen: Scratch-resistant, shatter proof sheet on mineral glass
- Back Camera: 13 megapixel Exmor RS camera with Auto focus and flash
- Front Camera: 2 megapixel, Exmor R, 1080p
- Networks: LTE/GSM/UMTS HSPA+
- Durability: IPX5/7 (Water-resistant) & IP5X (Dust-proof)
- Weight: 146g
- Dimensions: 139 x 71 x 7.9 mm